Daily Package screencast is excellent

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Mon Aug 20 17:21:32 UTC 2007

Hi Oisin,

Thanks for your comments on the FDP screencast. The original 1024x768
ogg files are being generated by the Fedora screencasting tools
(Istanbul/gtkrecordmydesktop), and the audio splay is present in the
original file so it must be coming from those tools.

I'm trying to find a good non-linear editor that works [a] on Fedora [b]
with Ogg so that I can both fix the audio and tighten up the
presentation, but haven't found anything that's really satisfactory yet.
(LiVES is close, but doesn't appear to encode output in Ogg; avidemux
doesn't handle ogg input; and I haven't got Cinelerra running yet due to
a dependency issue. I'll figure out some workable combination of tools
eventually).

All that to say that I'm aware of the problem and working toward a
solution -- and any tool suggestions would be appreciated!

-Chris

(As this isn't a FWN topic, we should take this discussion off-list).