news lead, reply to and new packages list

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Jul 18 04:43:32 UTC 2007

On 18.07.2007 00:16, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Since the weekly news has a high volume of content we have added a ToC
> for a while now. What would be complimentary to this effort is a
> summary/lead paragraph which has some of the best highlights and
> invites/encourages/teases the reader to go further.

/me likes that idea

> Also the reply to is currently set to fedora-list and probably a cc
> should be set to this list too since not many editors seem to be
> following the fedora list and we get comments occasionally which I have
> been replying or forwarding to Thomas Chung.

Not 100% sure, but it might be possible for mailman to not touch the
reply-to if one was set and set one is none was provided. But that
likely needs mailman adjustments.

> Thorsten (CC'ed) said he uses a script to generate the summary of new
> packages for EPEL. I would like to have that so that I contribute a
> weekly list of new packages (which is several dozens. we are growing
> massively!).

I have at at home on my laptop, which is powered down; will send it out
later today. It's not pretty, but it works for me.

CU
thl