Help clarifying a comment please

Oisin Feeley oisinfeeley at imapmail.org
Sat Sep 22 18:27:24 UTC 2007

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:25:01 +0530, "Rahul Sundaram"
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> said:
> Oisin Feeley wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to write up the "remove root login via display-manager"
> > thread for the Devel news beat and I'm completely stumped as to what
> > Alan Cox is saying in this comment:
>
> You could just drop a mail to him. He does answer them usually.
>
> Rahul

Good suggestion.  He did indeed answer very helpfully and clearly.  For
those that are interested he argues that if network-based authentication
is selected then it doesn't make sense to force local-user creation, but
if it's not selected then the person installing should be encouraged to
create a non-root local user.

Thanks,
--
  Oisin Feeley