Decisions on FWN leadership

Oisin Feeley oisinfeeley at imapmail.org
Tue Jul 1 17:53:48 UTC 2008

Hi all,

As I prepare to restart the @fedora-devel column I see that there has
been a change in our organizational leadership.  With the greatest of
respect to Huzaifa and Pascal I'm not entirely happy with their assuming
the role of editor for the following reasons

1. I expressed an interest in taking over the editorial role to Max
after it appeared that Thomas was unfortunately unable to continue his
excellent work
2. I have no idea who Pascal is, having read no contributions from him
to either FWN itself or to fedora-news-list prior to this appearance.
3. I have only recently seen contributions from Huzaifas and have no
sense of what working with him as an editor would be like

I'm a bit miffed that this decision appears to have been handled as
though it were "in the gift" of Max, as oppposed to a more open
discussion.  I realize that this smacks of thwarted ambition -- but
that's because it is!  I've devoted a significant amount of time to FWN
over the past year or so, and I don't like the feeling that marketing,
or whoever, is parachuting in a new direction without discussion from
this community.

Again, no disrespect is intended to Huzaifa or Pascal.

Oisin Feeley
--
  Oisin Feeley
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OisinFeeley