Decisions on FWN leadership

Huzaifa Sidhpurwala huzaifas at redhat.com
Wed Jul 2 03:28:08 UTC 2008

Hi Oisin,
 I have been with the fedora-news group for some time now.
Initially when Thomas got busy and could not keep up with the news
scheduled, I had sent a mail to him to express my interest to take over
some work for him, which perhaps got lost in his mail box.
Again when Max, asked i expressed my interest.

I dont mind going back to writing infrastructure-beat or any other beat
for that matter, its just that i wanted the fwn to be process specific
and not people specific.

Anyways nice to hear from you :)

Oisin Feeley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As I prepare to restart the @fedora-devel column I see that there has
> been a change in our organizational leadership.  With the greatest of
> respect to Huzaifa and Pascal I'm not entirely happy with their assuming
> the role of editor for the following reasons
>
> 1. I expressed an interest in taking over the editorial role to Max
> after it appeared that Thomas was unfortunately unable to continue his
> excellent work
> 2. I have no idea who Pascal is, having read no contributions from him
> to either FWN itself or to fedora-news-list prior to this appearance.
> 3. I have only recently seen contributions from Huzaifas and have no
> sense of what working with him as an editor would be like
>
> I'm a bit miffed that this decision appears to have been handled as
> though it were "in the gift" of Max, as oppposed to a more open
> discussion.  I realize that this smacks of thwarted ambition -- but
> that's because it is!  I've devoted a significant amount of time to FWN
> over the past year or so, and I don't like the feeling that marketing,
> or whoever, is parachuting in a new direction without discussion from
> this community.
>
> Again, no disrespect is intended to Huzaifa or Pascal.
>
> Oisin Feeley

- --
Regards,
Huzaifa Sidhpurwala, RHCE, CCNA (IRC: huzaifas)

GnuPG Fingerprint:
3A0F DAFB 9279 02ED 273B FFE9 CC70 DCF2 DA5B DAE5