Security Advisories Beat

Oisin Feeley oisinfeeley at imapmail.org
Mon Jul 7 00:45:10 UTC 2008

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 19:15:39 -0400, "David Nalley"
<david.nalley at fedoraproject.org> said:
> Oisin, Huzaifa, Pascal:
>
> I am interested in picking up the Security Advisories Beat if there
> are no objections.
>
> To serve as a brief introduction - I am based in the southeastern
> United States and currently work as a sysadmin for an consulting
> company. I have been a Fedora Ambassador for about 4 years now. I have
> written a half-dozen or so magazine articles, all about some aspect of
> computing and one specifically on Fedora.

That sounds excellent to me!  I've emailed Josh to make sure that he has
definitely given up on the beat, I searched the mail archives for a "I'm
quitting" notice from Josh and can't find any. However, I'm guessing
that if he wanted to he'd still be writing it.  In any case I'm sure
that there's more than enough potential for two writers to cover the
Security Advisories: at any given week there seems to be on the order of
10 advisories reported in bodhi[1] just for Fedora 9 and it would be
nice to have some more explanatory context from someone that understands
the issues.

So, welcome aboard from me.

1. https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F9/security
--