Editing chores to be broken up and some questions.

Huzaifa Sidhpurwala huzaifas at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 03:46:54 UTC 2008

Oisin Feeley wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 09:20:32 -0400, "Pascal Calarco" <pcalarco at nd.edu>
> said:
>> Hi Oisin and Huzaifas --
>>
>> I also completed the Marketing beat for this week and marked it as such,
>> since we're still looking for someone to do that.
>>
>> Huzaifas has permissions to push out the final copy to the list, so I am
>> happy to have him do that piece.
>
> Sounds good to me. But I think we should all get the relevant
> permissions so that in case of illness or other absence we're not
> stymied.
I agree. Initially when i was submitting the news to fedora-announce
list for the first time. I had to wait a bit for admins to come on-line
to give me the required perms.
This should not happen with other editors.
Pascal, Oisin, it would be great if you would put in a ticket for the
infrastructure guys to give you posting perms also.
I would be the primary person responsible for posting to the list.
In case i fall sick or something like that, any one of you can take over.
 It would be good to spread out all the editorial duties and
> document them clearly in the Workflow so that there's no potential
> bottleneck.  ThomasChung did an amazing job producing first
> FedoraNews.org and the FedoraWeeklyNews all these years and his absence
> has resulted in a lack of momentum (which I hope we're now making up.)
> Anyway, I'd like it if we can move to being a Redundantly Distributed
> Editor so that we're buffered against any further vagaries.
>
>> AFAIK, the beat writer is responsible to edit the wiki to indicate
>> completion of a week's beat; that is how I have been handling it.
>
> OK.  I've updated the Wiki to indicate that. I also started trying to
> expand the page a bit.  In the course of this I noticed that we've been
> misspelling Huzaifa's name[1].  Sorry about that Huzaifa.

:) Most people do, they go by email address.

>> I am going to be traveling most of tomorrow, but will be in touch with
>> e-mail Sunday early evening again.  This week I have more time to work
>> on the other pieces of the workflow.  The item that I think we need to
>> do next is follow up with identified beat writers who haven't been/able
>> to contributing in recent weeks.  In parallel, we can perhaps ask on the
>> ambassador list for people who are able to contribute to the open beat
>> spots.
>
> Great, thanks Pascal.  I don't think we should restrict ourselves to the
> ambassador list though.  We should ask on each list which lacks a Beat
> Writer.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HuzaifaSidhpurwala

- --
Regards,
Huzaifa Sidhpurwala, RHCE, CCNA (IRC: huzaifas)

GnuPG Fingerprint:
3A0F DAFB 9279 02ED 273B FFE9 CC70 DCF2 DA5B DAE5