FWN 129 is out

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Jun 3 10:03:51 UTC 2008

Hi all,

FWN 129 is out, as you'll all see on fedora-announce-list.

I am really grateful and thankful for all your work in getting this
week's issue out, and in bearing with me as I tried to wrangle the issue
together.

I also need to be honest with you guys, and say that I have learned this
week that I simply do not have time to do all of the things that Thomas
used to do for FWN.

I can probably take on one beat on an ongoing basis (the announce-list
and fedora-devel-announce list beat), and I'm happy to help with the
longer-term vision of what we want the project to do.

But from an editorial point of view, I still think we need a new editor
in chief -- someone who can commit to devoting the same level of
attention to the project that Thomas always did -- and I've not been shy
about trying to recruit new beat writers.

I think Fedora Weekly News is one of the best parts of the community,
and I want to help make sure that it can attract new volunteers and
contributors.

We'll try to get a conversation going soon about the future of FWN (from
a technical point of view -- news.fedoraproject.org -- with an aim of
having a session about it at FUDCon also.

Thanks again so much for all your contributions this week.  Let's plan
to go again for the coming week, though perhaps with someone else as the
"Final Wrangler and Guy That Makes It Go Live?"

--Max