FWN: Facebook page

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 13:55:08 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 09:47:26AM -0400, Pascal Calarco wrote:
> I thought I would try to raise the visibility of FWN a bit by creating a
> Facebook page for FWN, as a 'communications product' type of Fan page.
> Not high impact, but another vector that advances the publication, the
> project, and the brand.
>
> Suggestions and revisions most welcome!
>
> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Weekly-News/33564906746

The splintering of pages on Facebook continues to be an issue with a
lot of FB users.  Have you considered getting added to the existing
Fedora groups somehow, and submitting stories to those pages instead?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=11454680248&ref=ts
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=2205138518&ref=ts

I don't know that much about Facebook groups and how they operate, so
maybe there's a way to "subscribe" your group to the others, in which
case it wouldn't matter whether it's separate or not.  Good luck!