[Fwd: [LONG] The fonts SIG irregular status report]

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Jan 27 22:39:38 UTC 2009

Le mardi 27 janvier 2009 à 15:17 -0500, Oisin Feeley a écrit :

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:35:05 -0500, "Pascal Calarco" <pcalarco at nd.edu>
> forwarded a message from Nicolas Mailhot:
>
> > (20:16:33) ***nim-nim also wonders how long FWN is going to ignore more than
> > a hundred packages are being changed, changes that will eventually reach
> > users
> > (20:16:59) jds2001: send a note to em.
> > (20:17:32) jds2001: news-members at fp.o should get all of em.
>
> Updates and direction from concerned parties are always welcome at FWN.
> I'll try to incorporate some of this material for FWN#161 unless Nicu
> feels he wants to have a shot at it in the Artwork section? Previously
> as Nicu points out we have recently carried some information on the
> changes with fonts[1][2] and we're happy to carry more.  A polite prod
> when we've missed an obvious area of coverage is useful.  Thank you
> Nicolas.

The fonts SIG is not very easy to cover. We don't have enough people for
continuous activity all year round, so there are long spells of complete
list calm and then activity pikes. So I suppose it's kind of hard to
allocate time for coverage with such variability.

Nevertheless when there are activity spikes we want them to be reported
too. There is never enough coverage. Especially since so far we've
failed to recruit a blogger that would tell the world how awesome we
are :p Our capacity to recruit new packagers depends on the visibility
we get in Fedora news.

I've found markmail graphs to be pretty representative of our activity:
http://fedora.markmail.org/search/?q=com.redhat.fedora-fonts-bugs-list

Best regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot