FooBar/Fedora Journal/FWN Future

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jul 13 06:35:51 UTC 2009

On 07/12/2009 11:23 AM, Adam Batkin wrote:

> So now my [potentially heretical, definitely radical] thoughts: Would it
> be worth discussing the format of FWN itself? What would FWN look like
> if it was organized around "topics" instead of "sources" (what we
> currently call a Beat)?

How this could work? Have the current beat writers watch all the
possible sources which could touch a topic or it would be the editor's
job to aggregate the sources into the topic?

My (design) beat is quite focused and in the past i did references to
blog posts of the team (which proved a good thing, since not always they
are covered by the Planet beat), but for something more complex I don't
think it would be possible for me to watch all the possible sources.