want to contribute in the developement beat

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 00:43:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 00:34 +0530, Ujjal Saha wrote:
> To List and Pascal Calarco,
> got to know from beat table that there is a opportunity for writing
> beats in developement.
> If you can help me. I seriously want to contribute

Hi, Ujjal. development beat is a big one to try! But please do go for it
if you feel up to the task.

It would probably help to read some of the old development beats, to get
a feel for what one should include. The last issue which had a
development beat was 178:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue178#Developments

you can find all the other old issues on the archive page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Archive

if I were you I'd just read back through the previous seven or eight
FWNs before 178, and look at the development beat to see how it was
done. Mostly it involved reading the fedora-devel-list mailing list and
trying to impartially summarize the most interesting discussions there.

Then, if you feel like you're ready to write a development beat for a
future FWN, please just write one up according to the workflow:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/WorkFlow

and submit it to the list. Pascal and I (and anyone else interested)
will review it and hopefully we'll be able to include it in a future
edition.

Thanks very much for volunteering!

--
Adam Williamson