Introduction

Pascal Calarco pcalarco at nd.edu
Mon Feb 22 17:47:44 UTC 2010

Hi Alex !

Comments below --

On 02/21/2010 10:33 PM, Alex Gorski wrote:
> Pascal,
>
> Thanks for the reply and thanks for the quick and dirty overview of the
> 'lay of the land' at FWN!
>
> The Fedora Insight project sound like an interesting project to
> contribute to - but the project sounds like it is fairly nascent at the
> moment.  Is that accurate - or do you think there is work to be done
> there in the near term?

The work in the near term to do is a fair amount of design work for the
UI for Fedora Insight, which requires a variety of CSS and HTML skills
along with some specific technical knowledge of Zikula.  We haven't been
able to get as much support as we'd like on theming and design for
Fedora Insight, so if you have those skills, I could put you in touch
with the logistics folks who know Zikula

> Otherwise, are there other topics where a beat hasn't been covered or an
> article written that you and other members consider particularly
> important but haven't had the time to flesh out?

The Development and Infrastructure beats are the most important of those
that are dormant.  These are the most technical beats so really need
someone from those teams to shepherd them, unfortunately.  Part of this
need has been met by Rashadul covering Development announcements in his
beat and Alan's wonderful work with covering the QA Team's activities.

The Fedora Sugar/XO/OLPC beat is one that I started last year but could
not sustain, and would be met served by someone in that Special Interest
Group.

Documentation would be very nice to revive as well.

   - pascal