Insight to staging (was Re: Fedora Insight sprint summary: 2010-02-28)

Pascal Calarco pcalarco at nd.edu
Tue Mar 2 20:51:07 UTC 2010

On 03/02/2010 01:18 PM, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 08:01:50AM -0500, Pascal Calarco wrote:
>
> I want to focus on the remaining items for having staging ready.

Hi Karsten, great thanks for the help!

> Is there any change on any of these items?
>
> Are these tracked within one or more existing Trac tickets?

Yes, please see updated tickets at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight#FWN

> (/me substitutes numbers for * to make discussion easier.)
>
>> 1. upgrading Zikula and pagemaster on staging
>> 2. moving over database from pt6 to staging to reflect template customization
>> 3. creating RSS functionality for FWN at the beat and issue level
>> 4. defining and documenting authorization levels between conten
>> contributors, editors, administrators
>> 5. tweaking the FWN pubtype Admin menu to improve editing efficiency
>> 6. discussing, decisioning and documenting standards for FWN content from
>> wiki source
>> 7. testing generic news pubtype with other content
>
> I think I should work on the first item, partially so I understand
> it, and also to update the sandbox and write a new Infrastructure SOP.

Yes, agreed.

> It seems to me that the first two items are the must-have for staging.
> Can we do any of the other items once it is live in staging or
> production?
>
> Items 4 and 6 are procedural and not dependencies.

Agreed.

> Items 3, 5, and 7 seem like they happen on the live site.

Well, I would like at least 5 and 7 to get into place and validated on
staging.  It is going to be hard to manage this in production without 5
being in place and we need to see how other content use cases fare
before we go live with production, ideally.  Hiemanshu or Simon would
likely be the best for #5 since that involves Zikula template editing,
and number 7 can be broadened to include the other kinds of multimedia
and non-FWN content we've talked about.

> - Karsten

   - pascal