Handling architecture limitations

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 23:43:36 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the long turnaround on this, but I had a long conversation
> with Dennis Gilmore, Toshio Kuratomi, Kevin Fenzi and Bill Nottingham
> about this today and we figured out the correct approach.

Thanks a lot, Stephen!

> So with noarch packages, we will want to do:
>
> BuildArch: noarch
> ExclusiveArch: %{nodejs_arches} noarch
>

> This will yield the correct result (building it noarch and only
> putting it in the %{nodejs_arches} repositories. (Confirmed by Dennis
> Gilmore; this is how the Intel WiFi firmware does things too).
<snip>
> But it's ugly, and I'd recommend just splitting the package RPMs
> between branches to keep each branch simpler to understand.

This is getting done on the npm stack as part of the big update, which
should eliminate a big chunk of the mail even for other maintainers,
since that includes a lot of widely depended on modules.

BTW, here's the shell fragment I used to fix this, in case it saves
someone time:
https://gist.github.com/tchollingsworth/5854722

-T.C.