Handling architecture limitations

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon May 20 12:41:05 UTC 2013

On 20/05/13 13:30, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> Is there any way to add ExclusiveArch to the
> %{?nodejs_find_provides_and_requires} macro in the main node package
> so that we won't try to build the modules on unsupported
> architectures? It would be a lot less effort to fix that macro than it
> would be to fix every node module.

No - a version of was tried for the binary modules. The plan was to do:

   ExclusiveArch: %{nodejs_arches}

so that %{nodejs_arches} could be updated easily if v8 adds support for
more architectures.

It didn't work though because nodejs-devel is not installed on the
builders at the point when they are working out what arches to build on,
so you just get:

   BuildError: No matching arches were found

The only way to make it work (actually you pointed this out at the time
I think) would be to get the macros into the minimal build root, perhaps
by moving them from nodejs-devel to redhat-rpm-config.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/