Handling architecture limitations

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Thu May 30 01:55:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 5:19 AM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:
> FYI, Panu has added the patch to redhat-rpm-config and pushed a Bodhi
> update to testing:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/redhat-rpm-config-9.1.0-45.fc19
>
> Please add the %nodejs_arches to the ExclusiveArch line in your
> nodejs-* packages and rebuild against them locally with this package
> and give karma. I can also tag it into a buildroot override if we want
> to start rebuilding all of the official nodejs packages.

Okay, so this doesn't seem to work with noarch packages:

[tc at zathras]~/fedpkg/npm/nodejs-ini% grep -e ExclusiveArch -e
BuildArch nodejs-ini.spec
BuildArch:  noarch
ExclusiveArch:  %{nodejs_arches}
[tc at zathras]~/fedpkg/npm/nodejs-ini% fedpkg local
error: Architecture is not included: noarch

Could not execute local: Non zero exit

This kind of sucks, since part of the motivation for doing this was
shutting up dependency warning e-mails from ppc64.  If we can't use
this with noarch packages, it doesn't really help us at all.  In fact,
I would have noticed the npm(ansi) provides issue I just wrote the
list about a lot sooner if it hadn't got lost in a bunch of useless
broken dependencies on ppc64 spam, so this actually is causing serious
problems for us.  :-(

Any ideas about what we could do here?  Or should I elevate this to
devel at lists.fpo for wider input?

The good news is this works great for binary modules, both locally
here on F19 and on Rawhide in koji:

-T.C.