Thoughts on a NodeJS packaging group

Parag Nemade pnemade at redhat.com
Thu Nov 12 08:24:03 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 1:47 AM, Jared K. Smith <jsmith at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> Several of the other SIGs have a packaging group with ACL permissions on
> various packages that correspond with their SIG.  I think we're to the
> point with NodeJS packages that it makes sense to make all of the nodejs-*
> packages part of a NodeJS packaging group, and then add the main NodeJS
> packagers to said group.
>
> That way, we wouldn't have to request individual ACLs on each of the
> NodeJS packages should we want to help keep them up to date.
>
> Thoughts?  Concerns?

This is really nice proposal. We should have nodejs fas group, maybe SIG
for NodeJS. I think it should be simple to have on that group people who
maintains most of the nodejs packages in Fedora. I also see most of the
people participating this discussion are already provenpackagers so they
should be already having powers to update nodejs packages in Fedora. I
think good to include Zuzana and Piotr on this NodeJS group as they are
still not provenpackagers.

Regards,
Parag.