Thoughts on a NodeJS packaging group

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Nov 12 12:09:29 UTC 2015

On 12/11/15 11:51, Jared K. Smith wrote:

> Along that same vein, though, I'll ask the question -- are people OK
> with me going through and updating some packages to the latest releases
> (assuming that the latest release still works on our current version of
> Node itself, and that it doesn't break the dependency chain on other
> packages)?

Well I think the vast majority of mine are already up to date and the
ones which aren't have some reason why updating them is a problem that
requires more significant effort.

Of course there may be a need to update dependencies in some of them and
I think I've already sent you an email about my preferences on that
front, namely that what I normally do is to fixdep to the current Fedora
version but with a caret prefix.

I do generally prefer to be given a chance to update stuff myself first
but so long as people do updates reasonably and don't make a mess of the
spec file or anything then it shouldn't be a problem.

It has to be said I'm somewhat wary on this front, mostly because in the
majority of previous occasions where somebody has tried to update one of
my packages without speaking to me first they've managed to make a mess
of it...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)