Thoughts on a NodeJS packaging group

Robert Van Voorhees rcvanvo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 12:36:03 UTC 2015

Hi guys, short-time lurker interested in getting more actively involved in
helping the Fedora community.

Regarding updating NodeJS -- there's a group called NodeSource that has
been actively maintaining the latest versions of NodeJS in RPM format.
Should we be leveraging their work, and incorporated that into the upstream
repository, or do we need to go about it another way?  I've been running
their repository for the last few months without any problems; however,
I'll admit I'm using npm install instead of dnf install nodejs-* for all my
packaging needs.

--
Robert Van Voorhees