Notes from Friday's meeting

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Sun Sep 7 13:20:59 UTC 2008

Sorry for being a bit late presenting these notes.  I also apologize for
the format -- I will be basically managing the task list and keeping notes
there.

The URL for the latest task list, as a reminder:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OLPC/Tasks

===

Task Name 	 Owner 	 Priority 	 Target Date 	 Status/Notes

Figuring out how to create small localized spins SebastianDziallas, gettys
1 Update on 9/12 How can we make small images by cutting out unnecessary
language info, and make particular builds that are customized for
particular languages? Sebastian and Jim continue to work on this.

Recommending SD hardware for Fedora JeremyKatz 1 Update on 9/12 Microsoft
has already done a lot of working figuring out which SD card will work
best with their OS; we should leverage that work to figure out what SD we
should be offering to G1G1 users as the Fedora add-on.

pyxcom/xulrunner issues JeremyKatz / ChrisAillon 1 Update on 9/12 In order
to get the Browse activity to work properly natively to Fedora, we need to
resolve the xulrunner fork in OLPC repos -- ChristopherAillon is trying to
get those changes upstream, but is still on vacation.

Packaging Sugar activities GregDekoenigsberg 1 Weekly update We need to
closely track to the packages listed on the [roadmap] with the package
requests that are tracked on the [wishlist page].

Python performance issues between F7 and F9 MarcoPesentiGritti 1 Update on
9/5 Python in F9 is much slower, making Sugar performance painful --
gregdek will try to put the Sugar folks in touch with the Python experts
in Fedora.

Installation path JimGettys 1 Update on 9/12 What's involved in
installation onto internal NAND? What's involved to be able to use
olpc-update? What needs to be done to ensure wear levelling? Jim Gettys
will lead a discussion on-list.

Bug tracker JimGettys 1 Update on 9/12 How do we track various work items
that are non-obvious? JimGettys will lead a discussion on-list.

--g