Fedora kernel on XO progress -- initrd is loaded in the wrong by place by OpenFirmware

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 01:40:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 11:23 -1000, Mitch Bradley wrote:
> Here is the patch, assuming that the ramdisk memory is not subtracted
> from the available memory size:
[snip]
> I tested it working with a stock OLPC build.
>
> You can put that patch in olpc.fth .  I'll incorporate it into the next
> OFW release.

Awesome, and I've tested it with a Fedora kernel and it works there
also.  Thanks for the quick turnaround and the ability to just stick the
patch into the olpc.fth file is awesome.  For a "screenshot"...

Fedora release 9.91 (Rawhide)
Kernel 2.6.27-0.329.rc6.git2.fc10.i686 on an i586 (/dev/ttyS0)

localhost.localdomain login: root
Last login: Tue Sep 23 01:20:19 on ttyS0
[root at localhost ~]# dmesg |grep OLPC
OLPC board with OpenFirmware CL1   Q2E17  Q2E
OLPC board revision preC200000 (EC=52)
PCI: Using configuration type OLPC

Now to fixing the new things which popped up and are more firmly in the
realm of kernel bugs... :-)

Jeremy