F11 for the X01- shutdown

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 00:19:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 5:06 PM, James Cameron<quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 12:00:19AM +0545, Daniel Drake wrote:
>> 2009/7/31 James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>:
>> > Where can I find the src.rpm and the upstream source?
>>
>> It's a standard Fedora package.
>
> Bugger.  I always get that answer, and it never satisfies.  I'm stalled,
> unable to find the src.rpm and the upstream source, I ask, and someone
> says "it's a Fedora package", as if to say "you ought to know and I'm
> not going to tell you what you need to know to proceed."  ;-)

As all of my work (and all of OLPC's work) it's published in our git
repo. And it's straight from the master branch:
http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-update/

>> Your diff is correct but I see a 2nd bug too: the return value of
>> check_stolen_hash is never checked.

Good catch.

> That fixed it.  Running olpc-update-query manually no longer reports the
> machine as stolen.

But! The server response _does_ seem to say 'stolen'.

Am I missing anything? [I may well be, I am in the middle of a
training week where I am giving a "how to setup and run an XS/XO
deployment", been talking all day about configuration and
nandblasting, and now I am away from my dev/test environment. :-/ ]

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions