rsync on F11 on XO-1 is giving me trouble

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Thu Jun 4 03:32:40 UTC 2009

>  > Lately I've been encountering a lot of trouble with using 'rsync'
>  > between F11-on-XO systems.
>
> since i know you use ethernet quite a bit, is this with a wired
> or a wireless connection (or both)?

I do not have any wireless at home.  This is with multiple XOs
connected to my home ethernet LAN;  the daemon is started on the
sending XO;  the 'rsync' command is issued from the receiving XO,
giving the dotted-decimal IP address of the (passive) sending XO.

[Collaborative Activities between XOs, such as Chat or Write, work
fine over the wired ethernet.]

[As an experiment, I was able to manually configure F10-based
Joyride to use mesh instead of the ethernet for 'rsync'.  But I've
been too lazy to repeat that experiment with F11-based builds.]

mikus