livecd-iso-to-xo for XO-1.5

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Thu Jun 4 20:03:28 UTC 2009

Hi Dan,

   > Raises some questions for later...in what form are we going to
   > use an initrd (our previous one, or a different one) and will it
   > support LABEL=

We're going to be obliged to ship our security work with XO-1.5.
Whether we use the old Debian initrd (which is seeming crufty and
hard to maintain) or move up to a more standard F11 initrd as a base
is still an open question -- I'd side with upgrading to F11, if we
can work out how to get it done.  (Part of it may involve converting
bootanim to be a plymouth plugin; another open question.)

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>