olpc-switch-desktop issues

Alexander Boström abo at stacken.kth.se
Tue Jun 30 10:16:11 UTC 2009

Den 2009-06-30 11:22, Daniel Drake skrev:

> Even when I clear /home/olpc completely, open Sugar, change to spanish
> and switch to GNOME, the directory that gets created
> is /home/olpc/Desktop - it does not seem to be localized.

Hmm. I installed F10 on some machine a while back, with sv_SE as the
default locale, created a fresh user account and got ~/Skrivbord instead
of Desktop.

Are you sure you also cleared out  ~/.config/user-dirs.* ?

> I do not know of any other way of adding other icons to the desktop.

Me neither. But the approach of creating the .desktop when first
switching from Sugar to GNOME should be ok. As I'm sure Sugar will be
the default wherever this package is relevant this shouldn't break anything.

Btw, maybe olpc-switch-desktop should really just be writing to ~/.dmrc ?

/abo