decisions (was Re: 20090305 daily build )

pgf at pgf at
Fri Mar 6 13:39:18 UTC 2009

chris wrote:
 > Some decisions coming up soon:
 > * should we use an overlay for /home?  how big?

can you describe what this means?

 > * should we partition the NAND and swap to it?

i think i'm with mikus on this: can we set things up so that
a swap partition on SD will be used if discovered?  we've talked
about compcache forever -- perhaps we could make it easy to enable
that, as well?  does fedora have compcache support?

 > * maybe, at least for NAND, we should be using an installed image rather
 >   than a live image?

given the performance hit we saw with the live SD images last
fall, i'd have to make that an emphatic yes.

 paul fox, pgf at