JFFS2 compression type 7

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Mon Mar 23 10:03:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 02:45:13AM -0400, Scott Douglass wrote:
> I was loading different kernels, and just switched from 2.6.27+ to
> 2.6.29+ (rawhide with OLPC patches).

I have had 2.6.29+ (unpatched) booting from NAND for a while, but with
an initrd.  As mentioned in IRC, I have recently gotten it booting
without an initrd using kernels I built myself:

...from this config:

(things say F10 beacuse I built it on a F10 machine, but it's a
rawhide kernel as you can see)

> I did enable multiple types of compression for JFFS2 however, including
> LZO.

There's a comment on the olpc-2.6 repo about disabling LZO because OFW
can't boot from a JFFS2 fs with that compression.