New release of F11 for the XO-1 is available for testing - OS13

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sat Apr 10 10:48:35 UTC 2010

Em 27-03-2010 12:53, Steven M. Parrish escreveu:
> OS13 is now available for testing.
>
> It is available for download at http://people.sugarlabs.org/~smparrish
>
> Installation instructions are here
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/F11_for_XO-1#Installation_instructions
>
> I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to test these releases.  We
> are getting close to an Final and Official release, and without your help
> would not have made it to this point.

Nice to see LXDE battery now being able to read OLPC battery :)

Sadly, CPU bound actions seems to affect wifi even worse than before.

Example: it's very hard for me to "yum install anything" since wifi just
dies, then after a long while comes back, slowly...

I'm being more carefull noting down what I did to get an lxde desktop
environment as it may be useful for others.

Rui