ANNOUNCE: F11 for the XO-1 build 140py released

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 13:54:11 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 4/15/10, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:

> From: Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org>
> Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: F11 for the XO-1 build 140py released
> To: "Yioryos Asprobounitis" <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "Paul Fox" <pgf at laptop.org>, "OLPC Devel" <devel at lists.laptop.org>, "Fedora OLPC List" <fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 9:06 AM
> On 15 April 2010 09:48, Yioryos
> Asprobounitis <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >> what changed between the first and second boots
> that might
> >> have
> >> made the second successful after the first
> failed?
> >
> > See http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2010-April/028172.html
> above
>
> This sounds like http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9100
> Your workaround is interesting.
>
> For me, this bug isn't specific to first boot, it's a
> from-time-to-time type thing.

os140py only has half a dozen reboots so far but the problem did not reappear.
Also it _might_ be different than #9100 since pressing the power button turns the XO off almost immediately. When in kernel land I have the feeling it takes a bit longer (from my mess-ups with different distros, kernels and initrds :-).