the old keypad behavior gets too sensitive

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Apr 19 03:44:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 02:13:21PM -0500, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
> Are there any software parameters that I can play with, to try to
> "dampen" the unwanted cursor position changes that I'm seeing ?

I've tried using xset to lower the mouse acceleration.  It can help a
little bit, but not much once the jitters set in.

Out here in the Australian outback the humidity can be so low that this
touchpad behaviour becomes normal.  (It's so dry here that the trees are
starting to chase the dogs).

There's a hardware trick I've used ... grab some aluminium foil or a
metal baking tray from the kitchen, placed it under the laptop, and
maintained some sort contact with it while I'm at my desk.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/