s/GNOME/LXDE/ as alternate desktop?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 09:25:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org> wrote:
> I don't see any reason why GNOME would be particularly better suited
> than LXDE, if someone can point me towards why

Polish, polish, polish and integration. Most of the Fedora & Ubuntu &
yourfavepopdistro tester community is pounding on Gnome and its
integrated tools.

Call it evil network effects if you want, but the end result is that
if you are going to roll out LXDE to a few million users, it has to be
polished.

If you take the sample configs in olps-os-builder and add a
Sugar+LXDE, you'll be making an initial step down that road...

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions