Too many open fronts?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Thu Jun 10 04:17:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at> wrote:
> El Wed, 09-06-2010 a las 02:59 -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis escribió:
>> However, the 20month+ old F9/0.82, os802 build remains the official XO-1 build.
> It's just a formality, nobody has been doing any work on it for years.

To clarify: I am working on it. and it mainly helps deployments that
are implementing security. It is taking ages because, well, I am doing
the work of 5 people.

I share Yiorios' concerns. Both OLPC and SL are overreaching wildly.

We have to focus on polish, on getting something useful in the hands
of children. On making a difference there. We cannot leave XO-1.5
unfinished. We have to hear the SoaS crowd when they point out that
very few activities are shippable.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect
 - ask interesting questions