F14 os2 testing images available for XO-1 and XO-1.5

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sun Nov 21 21:23:46 UTC 2010

On 21 November 2010 20:47, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
>> "Run" initramfs slimmed down to 1.9mb (no python in any non-activation
>> bootpath) (for faster boot)
>
> Does it actually boot faster? I recall you were asking Mitch about
> what seemed to be OFW delays in reading kernel / initramfs that meant
> no difference when booting a slim initramfs.

Yes, it's faster. But I can't recall the timings that I took earlier
and only have 1 XO at the moment.
The IRC conversation you refer to (where initramfs uncompress took
more than 30 seconds) was an unexplained oddity that can't be
reproduced. (I suspect some kind of jffs2 corruption on the laptop in
question)

Daniel