F14 os3 development image released (XO-1 and XO-1.5)

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sat Nov 27 09:12:05 UTC 2010

On 27 November 2010 02:43, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
>  * Despite the initrd optimization and ext4, boot time the same of
>   before: 30 seconds (36 seconds on the first boot, due to ssh keys)

The big difference is on XO-1.

>  * Automatic power management seem to have improved a lot and is
>   almost unnoticeable. However, can't we disable it while the
>   laptop is on AC?

With the exception of wake-on-multicast for salut collaboration, there
have been no coordinated improvements in that area so I'm surprised if
you notice anything. Good news anyhow.

When this has been discussed before the answer has been "no". Any
deployment is going to want to save power even when on AC because of
the electricity bill (remember we aren't just talking 1 laptop). And
moreso because the laptop can't detect AC vs another power source. I
don't see any new arguments this time around.

Nevertheless I think you can configure this in the powerd config.

Daniel