getting sounds out of .swfs and MP3s in os851

S Page skierpage at
Tue Sep 7 04:31:18 UTC 2010

> Back in 8.2.0 I grabbed

I didn't retry this.

> ...  But related bug
> 8982 suggests installing gstreamer-plugins-ugly instead.  If you have
> a suggestion or can remind me how to get a Fedora 11 RPM without
> overflowing disk and memory with yum,

This package had many dependencies so I didn't bother with rpm, though
I'm sure someone would appreciate a recipe.

Someone in IRC suggested:
  sudo rpm -Uvh
(I think this adds the RPMfusion repository for non-free packages)
  sudo yum install gstreamer-plugins-ugly

I wound up adding swap just to run yum.
Now sound plays in flash content, and MP3s play in Browse (in the
Totem plugin) and Jukebox.  I updated
and its talk page , Quozl updated with
other ways to reduce memory.

Is there a way to turn off the visualizations in Jukebox and the Totem plug-in?

=S Page