New F14-arm build os36 - Sugar in sync, device-tree!

Niels de Vos devos at fedoraproject.org
Sat Aug 6 14:44:09 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 06:52:56PM -0400, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> The "Sugar in sync! device-tree" build.
>
> Download from:
>
>   http://build.laptop.org/F14-arm/os32/
>
> Use with OFW Q4B07 -
>   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Firmware_q4b07
>
> Changes and notes:
>
>  - sugar and sugar-toolkit rpms are at 0.92.4!
>
>  - abiword and libabiword are in, but may have been built without asio
> (the network/collaboration side) -- please test collaboration!
>
>  - In kernel land...
>
>     = We have device-tree! So what used to be in /ofw now appears in
> /proc/device-tree . Time to port bitfrost, dracut-modules-olpc, sugar
> control panel, olpc-utils. Thanks Andres, Mitch and Saadia!

Wow, this is quite impressive! You must be one of the first that have this
in a real distribution for ARM :)

>     = There is a new schedulear/timer patch from Lennert -- mystery
> minutes-long hangs should be gone for real now.

Do you have any references like a git-commit or discussion on a
mailinglist for this? I'd like to match this with some other ARM
hardware (non/OLPC) issues I have seen.

I joined the OLPC mailinglists only a while ago, and I must say that I
am really impressed with the work all of you are doing! It really seems
that you make progress quickly. Congratulations with yet an other
release update :)

Cheers,
Niels