[OLPC Engineering] [Techteam] New F14-arm build os40 - Almost in sync with x86!

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Aug 23 13:59:45 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 23 2011, Samuel Greenfeld wrote:
> At this point (with my limited knowledge) I don't believe o-o-b uses
> the Wiki at all. It just looks straight at activities.sugarlabs.org
> for the latest experimental activities compatible with Sugar 0.92.
>
> See the [sugarlabs_activities] section of http://dev.laptop.org/git/
> projects/olpc-os-builder/tree/examples/f14-xo1.5.ini , which the git
> changelog says currently is the initial 11.3.0 XO-1.5 configuration.
>
> The 11.2.0 INI examples in the same directory have an example of a
> [sugar_activity_group] section being used, but the 11.3.0 config does
> not have one yet as it is not frozen.

Oh, you're right -- we only use the wiki page once we want manual control
of all of the activity versions.  So "sugarlabs_activities" is used
during development, and "sugar_activity_group" is used when frozen.

So the question is "Since our config enables sugarlabs_activities, how
come we didn't get the latest versions of all of the activities?".

Peter, it looks like one of your commits changed this a few days ago.
See:

http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-os-builder/commit/?h=f14-arm&id=d8d4cd017fde62ffbb7f83d0407722fed7ad5882

Which removed the [sugarlabs_activities] config definitions from
examples/f14-arm.ini, even though it left the module itself enabled.
(Without those definitions, the sugarlabs_activities code isn't going
to do anything.)

Thanks,

- Chris.
--