[Testing] A small deployment of 11.2.0

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Wed Aug 24 11:52:50 UTC 2011

No, it should not be an issue to add Labyrinth (a mind mapper) back on to an
XO-1, or most activities that used to work on it.

It was more a space constraint that anything else.

---
SJG
On Aug 24, 2011 12:34 AM, "Caryl Bigenho" <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks!
>

> You asked anyone who plans to deploy 11.2.0 to let you know so you can
keep them informed of fixes for remaining issues. That's me. I will be
collecting 10 XO-1s from a stalled Contributors Program project at Montana
State University and re-deploying them to a school in rural Montana. I plan
to reflash all of them with 11.2.0 this week before delivering them next
week.

> I will be meeting with 2 of the involved teachers next week to get them
oriented on the machines. Among other things, I plan to show them how to
update the software as new releases come out. When I am away in California
for the winter, I will be able to assist them via Skype as needed.

> We have discussed collaboration and they would like to use it, but we can
wait for that until it is more reliable. Any news on updates with fixes will
be greatly appreciated.

> I have one unrelated question for you folks. I notice Labyrinth is
included on the software for the XO-1.5 but not on the XO-1. Is this a space
issue? Will there be a problem if I add it? When we were visiting schools in
Uruguay we saw a lot of good of examples of ways to use Labyrinth. When I
asked one seven-year-old what his favorite program was I was very surprised
when he answered "Labyrintino!" It's a real winner!