12.1.0 devel build 1 released, for XO-1.5 and XO-1

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 11:14:35 UTC 2011

The "Throw away your televisions" release.

This is the first build on our way to what will ultimately become the
12.1.0 release. Its based on rawhide and the testing I did on my
XO-1.5 provides all basic working functionality including Sugar,
GNOME, networking, camera etc. gnome-shell with associated bits to
test running it using SW rendering isn't included in this release but
I'll work to get this in place for the next build.

Some of the details of this release are:
- Fedora rawhide (it will become Fedora 17)
- Sugar 0.95.1
- initial patches for NetworkManager 0.9
- gnome 3.3.1
- kernel 3.x
- systemd plus olpc dependant services migrated thanks to dsd
- Surf included initially until we get a working Browse

Known issues:
- 3G modems currently don't work within Sugar
- Browse doesn't work
- Read doesn't work
- Help doesn't work

Download from: