[Ambassadors] Enforcing the code of conduct

langdon langdon at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 20 00:41:37 UTC 2015

On 07/17/2015 02:31 AM, Amit Shah wrote:
> On (Wed) 15 Jul 2015 [11:47:21], Máirín Duffy wrote:
>>
>> On 07/15/2015 09:43 AM, Amit Shah wrote:
>>> Yes, at
>>>
>>> http://fudcon.in/code-of-conduct.html
>> Ah okay, in this context your question makes a lot more sense bc of this
>> text:
>>
>> "Attendees who are in violation of this policy may be subject to removal and
>> banning from FUDCon (and future Fedora events)."
>>
>> I would say though we should probably resort to banning only in really
>> extreme situations, hope it doesn't ever actually happen, but if it needs to
>> allow the council to determine the steps involved when it happens.
> Right - so we how about we change this text in our standard CoC, then
> -- since we don't currently have a way of tracking CoC violations, as
> well as banning is undesirable.
>
> A note mentioning violations can be reported to the council, for
> further action if necessary, should be enough then.
>
> Thanks all who chimed in.
>
> 		Amit

Would one of you please file a ticket with the Council to sort this out
officially? I really think this should be a little less ad hoc.

I also don't like "threats" which is how I read a "ban from all future
events" which I consider a "threat" if it is not enforceable. As in, if
we believe that is the right answer to the situation (which I severely
hope it never is) we should have a SOP (procedure) for it in place,
which changes it from a "threat" to just the way things operate.

Langdon