Get the developers back on Fedora!

Sudhir sdharane at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 4 06:09:58 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I was doing some comparison of Linux distro usage and I found below,
though the comparison is for websites, it might not be very surprising
to see the same trend across technologies other than websites.

http://w3techs.com/technologies/comparison/os-fedora,os-ubuntu,os-debian

There is huge difference in terms of % usage between Fedora and Debian.

If we remove the free/non-free software availability and Gnome 3
argument, is there anything that they are doing more as a community that
we lack? which in-turn leading developers to choose Debian/Ubuntu as
their default working environment? While we are looking at coming up
with goals for Fedora, it might be a good revisit to focus on getting
the developers back on Fedora as their default developing environment.
Just a thought.

Regards,
Sudhir