Fwd: [Ambassadors] Measuring success. (Reigniting the steering committee?)

Cesar Pinto cesar.a.pinto at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 19:15:50 UTC 2015

Hi Outreach!

I was recommended to write to this list to suggest a monthly meeting to
discuss strategic initiatives. Please see below my comm. from the
Ambassadors list.

=============

Hi Joerg,

I am thinking more along the lines of cross departmental initiatives
(marketing + ambassadors) and exploring what more could be done.

I hope none of this comes across like I´m invalidating existing efforts and
I´m suggesting we should be micromanaging --- not the intent at all... i´m
speaking from a place of blissful ignorance :-)

What I am certain of: There is enough brain-power and enthusiasm within the
project to come up with even smarter joint activities which may have a
measurable impact. (and maybe don´t even have to cost us any money!)

Just adapting behaviour, directing focus and keeping an eye in the bigger
picture. (and understanding what that picture actually is)

For example: What if we everyone in the project agreed on doing a monthly
thunderclap?

https://www.thunderclap.it/

What if all ambassadors signed up and once a month all our combined twitter
accounts sent out a single message?

What if we agreed on a provocative / catchy / simple topic, and drive
traffic within a specific demographic? ("Which Fedora are you? Take the
Survey ___Link___")

What if we made it action oriented and time-bound?

Maybe we cannot measure downloads and OK, maybe smolt did die a painful
death ... But we CAN measure retweets and google keywords :-)

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=Fedora%2021%2C%20Fedora%20Linux%2C%20%2Fm%2F02pxwz1&date=today%2012-m&cmpt=q&tz=

And if we do this consistently and in a regular basis, maybe we will start
to see trends. (And maybe those trends will begin to shape the project in
new and unexpected ways....)

But I agree, we should just open the dialogue and see if anyone is
interested.

https://plus.google.com/events/c7ni6kkd5h07848r63oseokap54

I will also raise this initiative in my regular EMEA Ambassadors meeting
next week.

CP

Cesar Pinto
+47 481 20 772