Project Fedora Out-Reach: Kickoff. (Proposed)

Cesar Pinto cesar.a.pinto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:16:40 UTC 2015

*>>it's still kind of quiet around here as this list isn't really off the
ground yet. Let's change that! (Matthew Miller)*

+1

Guys,

Let´s start.

Why Fedora should be excited about outreach?

1.- It helps UNIFY our efforts. Community wide.
2.- It helps AMPLIFY our voice. Towards our users, partners and more.
3.- It helps FOCUS our work. So we can provide insights which can create
better outcomes.

Some of us in the community are excited about this initiative, and I
believe firmly we can make a positive measurable change.

I go a bit further. This initiative seems rather strategic to the project.

The good news: We don´t need *everyone* at the beginning. We need the right
people. A committed/talented few to show their leadership and get things
going.

What´s in it for you? An opportunity to step up and focus on the "big
picture" and help influence the project in a meaningful way.

But enough talking, here is my suggestion for a kickoff.

https://plus.google.com/events/c7ni6kkd5h07848r63oseokap54

Feel free to suggest an alternative time / date / method of communication /
approach.

One thing though. Don´t ignore this message.

Get involved. Take action. This community needs you.

Inspiration:
http://www.ted.com/talks/seth_godin_on_the_tribes_we_lead?language=en

CP

--
Cesar Pinto

About me? Marketing and communications enthusiast. Working on IT sales for
last 10 years, big open source fan. Loves cooking ribs :-)