Summary of previous discussions around FOSCo

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 23 17:26:31 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 01:18:46PM -0600, Pete Travis wrote:
> I share these concerns.  Initially, I was interpreting the intent of
> the Outreach Steering Committee to be collaboration on all user
> facing efforts, with representation from any interested groups, SIGs,
> or individuals. This seems like a great idea; I'm concerned that many
> community members work diligently in their own space but may not
> track efforts in other areas, or give special attention to
> communicating their own efforts with the larger community. Efforts
> directed towards improving internal cooperation would make
> outward-facing efforts more effective and develop a stronger sense of
> community.

I think that sums up my idea for it fairly nicely, really. What might
we do to bring what's being talked about in line with that? (Is it just
that the immediate concerns of ambassadors are most tangible and
therefore overwhelm higher-level collaboration?)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>