FAMSCo moves forward. Recent progress report.

Cesar Pinto cesar.a.pinto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 21:48:33 UTC 2015

Hello All.

In light of recent discussions from what this group is meant to be or
address. I am happy to report that we held a meeting recently (with
declause as chair) and we had a good dialogue.

Full logs available here:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-03-24/fedora-meeting.2015-03-24-21.07.log.html

As the discussions continue on this list on topics related to FAMSCo´s
remit, membership and scope of activities, we have agreement that the first
initiative we should tackle is one of measurement and goal setting.

As such, FOSCo´s Executive Dashboard initiative has been initiated on the
marketing list. (But with a remit to be cross-functional in nature)

With enthusiastic support from FranciscoD and Mailga we are off to a good
start to begin designing and implementing, more details to follow.

The task at hand is to define the metrics. The team has made some
assumptions below, but we could really use your input here.

What are the top level metrics we should be measuring to track success?

Get involved: http://etherpad.osuosl.org/FOSCO_EXECUTIVE_DASHBOARD

Finally, here is a summary of the areas where it seems to be consensus on
the following wiki page

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FOSCo

Feel free to edit the page with your suggestions or ideas as you see fit.
>From the discussions so far, I think it is fair to say that FOSCo is in a
state of flux so it will be what those involved make of it, so a great time
to get active and help us build.

Look forward to your comments.

Cheers

Cesar