[Fedora-packaging] Where to install examples to?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Jul 8 08:53:21 UTC 2005

On Ven 8 juillet 2005 09:38, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am observing packages in FE installing examples/demos to /usr/bin.
>
> Do people agree upon this to be good packaging practice or not?

IMHO examples and demos should be treated like normal code _BUT_ always
spinned of in a separate subpackage. This way you get proper packaging and
only people who really need them will have them on the filesystem.

I hate packages that dump examples and demos in a random place without any
real checks and have the main package swelled by this payload.

--
Nicolas Mailhot