[Fedora-packaging] kernel-module rpm's - final decision?

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Wed Mar 2 16:51:41 UTC 2005

Hello,
As we are currently working on our openafs package, I want to make sure
our kernel modules for it conform to what was agreed upon.  But other
than the naming, I didn't see a definate 'this is how to do them' list.
  (If I missed that, point me to it)

Here's what I saw.  My example will be openafs, but I am meaning this
for others as well.

Name: kernel-module-openafs
Version: 1.3.9
Release: 2.6.9-5.0.3.EL.4
Requires: kernel = 2.6.9-5.0.3.EL
Provides: kernel-module-openafs

Then the discussion shifted to whether yum and apt would be able to
handle this.  And there seemed to be a rumble of "it can be done, but it
won't be pretty"

Am I missing a thread?  Is this really the way we are planning on doing
kernel-modules?

Thanks
Troy Dawson