[Fedora-packaging] Conflicts

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Sat Mar 5 00:52:40 UTC 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 10:42:18PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:13:49 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>
> > Mea culpa.  Sylpheed was in Core and I wanted gpgme-1.0 in Core so I patched
> > it to use the newer gpgme and it was accepted upstream.  Now sylpheed's out
> > and we still don't have gpgme-1.0 in Core.  (kmail uses it...)
>
> GnuPG 2 is not ready. Hence GPGME 1.0.x could not be built with the S/MIME
> part (aka GPGSM).

True.  But gpgme doesn't have a hard requirement on gnupg 2.  In line with
the two steps forward, one step backwards philosophy, I'd be happy with a
gpgme-1 that only uses gnupg-1 and add S/Mime features when gnupg 2 is
ready.  This gets us a kmail with some signing support.  OTOH, I mainly
want to use gpgme in my code, not for any mailer.  So for me, Extras
is good enough.