[Fedora-packaging] Importing tetex packages question

José Pedro Oliveira jpo at di.uminho.pt
Wed Mar 23 23:29:37 UTC 2005

Hi,

Before importing the following tetex packages SRPMS - tetex-bytefield,
tetex-xcolor, tetex-pgf. tetex-beamer - I would like to pose a question
regarding the source file version control done by/in the CVS side cache
(make upload FILES=...):

Description of the problem:
The source tarballs for the above tetex packages are all created on the
fly by the DANTE CTAN master mirror.  The main problem is that CTAN only
has the latest version of every package and that the tarball generated
has no version in its name (see for example:
http://gsd.di.uminho.pt/jpo/software/RPMS/tetex-bytefield.spec).

Although there is a possibility of finding versioned tarballs for
some of the above packages, the problem remains for other CTAN Latex
packages - no author homepage with versioned tarballs.

Question:
Should I manually had a version to the DANTE generated tarball? Or
can the CVS accept a new tarball with the same name when a package
update occurs (check thread below).

Review request thread:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-March/msg00869.html

Thanks in advance,